If you have a front loader washer do you like it or hate it?

Fixing to buy a new washer and dryer just trying to see how others like their front loaders and dryers.  Do they have a lot of mold build up and smell badly?

sheer_heart

Asked by sheer_heart at 12:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I LOVE my front loader. I've owned front loaders for 10 years. 1st we had the Whirlpool Duet set and now we have a Bosch set.
    I don't recommend LG - they are very cheaply made knock offs of better products. Samsung makes good quality products.
    Trick with Front loaders - when you unload it after a wash - leave the door open. When you wash towels - wipe the seal with some vinegar and then use white vinegar in the softener cup instead of downy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have a front loader and I love it. Never had a mold issue and I use a washing machine cleaner in mine once a month and haven't had an issue with any smell since I started that. My clothes come out wonderfully clean and we use a lot less soap than with our old washer.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I love my front loading washer. It does such a great job wringing the clothes out that it takes less energy to dry too!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Just purchased LG washer/dryer and so far no complaints. :)
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 1:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have a Samsung front loading set and I love it! I've had it nearly 3 years and have had no issues at all. The clothes come out soft and clean. Before this, I had a Maytag front loading set and I HATED it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have a Maytag Neptune set that I've had for the past 8 years--NEVER had any problems with either piece. And they have seen their fair share of laundry--since my boys are just 9 and 7 and my husband gets very dirty with around the house projects!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have a Kenmore set. And Twins is right, after washing a load, let the door hang open for about a half hour...otherwise it will stink. When you retrieve the clothes from the dryer...just close the washer then. Easy enough!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• loving it!!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 6:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Love it. After I'm finished doing laundry I dry off the door and the seal of the door and then leave it open for about a day. Maybe twice a year I will clean it with bleach using the manual's instructions.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Front loader, I always keep it open when not in use, this way it doesn't get that funky moldy smell.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011