Does anyone know what steps I should take to start a catering business from home?

I know there must be different laws in each state. I'm in FL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Okay i started another business but first you should sit down and decide if you want it to be an limited laibility company or a partnership second write a mission statement and how money is going to be spread and write a five year financial prospectus and last go to the SBA it helps you do all the stuff mentioned before and you can get a mentor and cheaper loans. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You need to determine if you are better off renting a commercial kitchen or having your home kitchen certified

Answer by rkoloms at 1:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• First you need to get a business permit. That requires getting your home inspected by a health inspector. That can cost a bit of money for both as well. Then you need to get the proper tools that will benefit your business. Stand mixers, proper utensils, etc. You're more then likely going to be asked to not use your everyday utensils for your business, but I'm not certain on that. Go to Florida's government website and see what they require.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2011