He was doing so good... I need help please..

I posted this in a couple groups by no replies so I'm posting here,

My 3 y/o son was doing good with potty training till we had our new addition his little sister, and now I'm trying to get him back on track but it seems like its just not working is there anything that might work any tricks anything can someone help me.. please..

mblucky

Asked by mblucky at 12:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow i would say just patience but that is no help is it! I hope you get answers.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Is it day time, night time? Most likely he needs a little extra attention his nose is out of joint right now. Try to include him in helping with little sis also, getting a diaper, or lotion etc.or putting the botlte down /if using one on the table. Try and take him yourself a little more often until he gets the hang of it again and alot OF PRAISE, and HUGS. I'd say just bec of sis a few of the things he likes in a box as a treat when he does go, a lolli pop, a book, a coloring book, let him pick as he goes, again with LOTS of praise. Scolding him right now will probably make it worse as sis is getting the attention, also I use to send my son in w/Daddy what better an example. If it's bed time, cut back on fluids before bedtime and maybe get him up once during the night while up w/sister or before you go down for the night.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Patience a lot of the time the older siblings slip back into something that they did when they were younger. It is a way to get attention well at least that is what I have read.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• @ Myangel we do include him he always helps with his sissy, he does a lot actually I'm surprised he gets diapers wipes, and throws the dirty diapers away, he helps feeds her and holds her too... Lol he is def a big help I guess I just have little paitence right now having two kids I'm just trying to find my routine and figure out how to handle both kids lol I love them both to death, its def hard..
    mblucky

Comment by mblucky (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Lol oh and he does follow daddy he actually gives daddy high fives and says good job, lol we give him a choice of what he would like either a sucker or something bigger from the store like a candy bar or a small toy..
    mblucky

Comment by mblucky (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• hey hun the same thing happen with AXl!!! What i did was i made it a game for him. i put a alarm clock in the bathroom and set it for every 30 min. When it went off i would walk him in there and have him press the botton to turn it off!! Then he sat on his potty! If he went he got a dumdum sucker if he didnt he didnt get a treat! i did this for about 2 weeks and he got the hint!! he would actually pull me in there and say potty time mommy!! slowly i would set the alarm to every 45 min to every hour!! in about a month he didnt need it. He knew to use his potty! Did the same thing with Cash and he's 2 and totally potty trained. Hope that helps lady:) with 2 kiddos its hard. Just always give that extra attention when you can with your oldest !! When i started making Axl's potty training my top priority he did it,i think cause i was taking my time to show him that mommy still had special time just for him:)
    lovinmylife216

Answer by lovinmylife216 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 17, 2011