Should I ? Should I not ?

I'm 18 years old . Currency having one at 5 weeks . Both parents wanted me to abort . And I'm very confused . Tell me what to do ):

cindymyname

Asked by cindymyname at 12:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Follow your heart. It is YOUR decision, not your parents or anyone elses. This is your body and your baby. Remember that what's growing inside you is a life and consider all of your options. Abortion is not a quick fix, it can be painful. If you want to keep the baby then keep the baby. I do not agree with abortion but it is your right to choose. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide. Remember you can raise a baby at 18, I had my first at 15 and I've had a wonderful life.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Don't do anything because your parents or even the baby's father wants you to. It is your choice. You may want to consider some counseling. There are organizations out there that can help and talk to you about your options and help you figure out what you want to do. If you do talk to someone and they seem to be pushing you in on direction or another, find someone else! You need someone that will just listen and talk to you and help you find your own way!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 12:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I found out I was pregnant at 17. My mom wanted me to have an abortion but I just couldn't. I was scared and confused but I decided to keep the baby, and now almost 5 years later have a happy healthy 5 year old boy. I graduated from college with my Bachelors degree, have a great house and a wonderful fiancee. I wouldn't change my life in any way. You have to do what feels right for you and your situation but having a baby at 18 is not a life ending decision, its just the beginning. And just so you know now my mom, who then was 100% for abortion and VERY mad that I kept the baby, is my son's #1 fan, he and his grandma are closer then anything. So parents can be wrong. Do what feels right to you in your heart, because ultimately its your life, not your parents.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You need to do what YOU feel is right, not anyone else. I had an abortion when I was 17. I had a kid at 20 when I was married and now Im glad that I didnt have this responsibility 3 years prior to.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It is not up to your parents. I personally feel abortion is murder and that an innocent life is being snuffed out by someone who had a choice to obstain from sex or use birth control...so basically someone innocent is paying the price for your mistake. I had a friend who got pregnant at 17 in high school. She kept her pregnancy a secret for 8 months because she feared her mom would make her abort. Her son is 5 now and she lives at home with her parents still, but has graduated from both high school and college and is now a teacher. Just because you get pregnant young, doesn't mean your life is over. I had my son at 21 in college, and I am getting married to his father and my fiance this June, we own our own house and I am a stay at home mom. My parents weren't happy but they got over it and now love my son more than anything. Plus there is always adoption, which is the greatest gift of all.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• U know ur situation better than anyone else, and u and ur baby daddy got urselves into this situation so I'd say it is up to the both of u!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 1:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i know i wouldn't because you have other options if you are not ready to have a child you can always put the child up for adoption.
    Sarah369

Answer by Sarah369 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Thanks for all the advices . But i do not even have any education . I drop out of school when i was in secondary 3 . &now , they say even if i give birth to this child , they will not help me in monetary stuffs ... &my boyfriend is still in army . His mum is furious . &I dont know what to do ):
    cindymyname

Comment by cindymyname (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You could always go back to school. I was 18 and in the 11th grade when i dropped out. I found out that i was prego about a month later and signed myself back into school. I had to drop out again when my son was born because i got prego again three months later. I did however go back and get my ged and am now trying to go to college while raising my child. I gave the other three up bacause I could not financially support them. The people who have my other kids are greatful that they have them and i am greatful that i never had an abortion with them. at least this way i can find them when they turn 18 and we can get to know each other again. Dont listen to your parents. they are not the ones going to raise this child so it should not be their decision. if you dont want the responsibility of raising a child adoption is the best option. Good luck with whatever you chose to do and keep us informed on what you decide.
    bobbietrayer

Answer by bobbietrayer at 10:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It don't matter what parents think or say them saying they won't help is a control thing there are resources out there that will help you with the things you need if you decide to keep the baby but it's up to you
    lonemom1987

Answer by lonemom1987 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011