does anyone like their childs boyfriend or girlfriend?

Is there anyone who likes their childs SO. Is it just a mother thing to find all the faults and reasons they should not be together. Why do you like or not like their choice in boy/girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• When my stepsons were living here I didn't like the girls they dated or liked. I thought they were slutty.
    Molliemom2b

Answer by Molliemom2b at 5:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My parents can not stand my boyfriend for many reasons. but you cant do nothing about it, to be honest. take it from a teen. It only makes us wanna be with them more.
    mommy2be423

Answer by mommy2be423 at 6:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I really like my son's girlfriend. She's the right type of girl for him. She comes by often but they tend to do fun things, like cook, make things, go to the mall, when we do go to church she and her family comes. So they are not always sitting downstairs on the couch doing God knows what.
    Davina511

Answer by Davina511 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• The one he has now, I have doubts about. She's been his "friend' for a a couple years so I know a bit about her. I know she's not a virgin & in fact has been preg. once already & they are only in 11th grade. not really thinking that is the right girl for him. also her last boyfriend, he was in rehab. yikes!
    Anonymous

• I have found the more you complain about them the more atractive they look to them. LOL I try to get to know the kid's friends...Mac goes through girl's faster than you can get to know them. But he is very controlling and possesive and it tends to run them off. He is looking for something in a girl that he will find when he is older.
    Mac has trust issues so he has a hard time. I try to find something in common with the friends so that they feel comfortable to come to me. It works...sometimes it takes alot of work and pretending but i have had them come to me with alot of things and sometimes when I get to really know them I find out why they are the way they are. sometimes it explains the things i did not like about them and then I understand what is going on in their heads. That's a puzzle to figure out. LOL Lenda
    lennyraye

Answer by lennyraye at 6:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Take it from the girl who was not always liked by some of the parents of guys I dated - its better to just be nice. You know the old saying, if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all. My parents didn't always like my choices in boyfriends. It didn't make me want to date them more. It just plain was hurtful. At some point parents need to realize that their children have to have room to make their own decisions, good or bad, and grow from their mistakes. Part of finding our true partner in life is by being with people and learning what we don't like, what we need in a relationship, and what doesn't work. Unless my teen were in an abusive relationship or with someone who was abusing substances - my teen has to learn some life lessons on his or her own.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I will be woman enough to admit that I like my 17yr olds BF so far, but when my 22 yr old son started bringing girls home I hated everyone of them...wonder why that is??? lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• salexander why is that? Really?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my 17 year old daughter has found her first love...i like him alot,hes a great boy
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• haha my bf's mom doesnt like me, she thinks im slutty and says to him...you arent going to hang out with that whore tonihg,t are you?
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2008