my daughter los her 2front teeth back on october , how long does it take for them to grow back its january and im concerned allready

sylvia219

Asked by sylvia219 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It took my son 6 1/2 months! Dentist said all kids are different so we just waited. Let me tell you he is 9 now and i do miss that toothless smile!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Usually the next teeth are right behind and that's what makes the first teeth fall out. I may call your dentist or ped and tell them how long it has been and see if they have concerns.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 12:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't be concerned at all, I've known them to start coming in after a week and also to take literally 6 months. It's not something to worry about, every person is different.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 12:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It can be really quick or it can take a looooooong time. When I was young there was a neighbor girl that didn't seem to have hers for like 2 years! I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. Just double check with your dentist on her next regular visit, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about at this point.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it takes a looooooonnnnngggggg time for them to come in after loosing a tooth. I would just maybe take him to the dentist and have it checked to make sure there are teeth coming in
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My 8yo lost her eye teeth in the fall of 2008 and they only broke through last November and still aren't all the way through now in January (actually I think only the one came through). It took my older daughter about a year, too, before they came in. Both of them are slow "teethers". My oldest got her first 2 teeth at 7 1/2 months and then not any more until 14 months. The other one didn't get her first tooth until 12 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2011