Woman arrested for molesting a thirteen year old Xbox friend...

http://www.dailytech.com/Woman+Arrested+For+Molesting+13YearOld+Xbox+Friend/article20615.htm

*deep sigh...

When I was young, the neighbors had Super Mario Brothers- and we had strict limits on how long we were allowed to play. Now, with the newer game systems, playing a simple game exposes kids to the entire adult world. Unfortunately, it feels relatively safe, since the child is sitting in your living room.

Are you aware of your kid's xbox live friends?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm going to guess the majority of parents don't even realize their XBox and Will lets their kids talk to complete strangers in the first place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Ditto Not and that is just sick
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• UGHH stupid phone auto-correct. That should say W-i-i not Will *sigh*
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• That woman is sick. My ds plays xbox live. My dh does also so there honestly are tons of friends on there, but my son plays online with my nephew and kids in his class. I have kept a closer eye on it, more because when he use to play under my dh name, the language they used. So now he has his own and only plays with kids he knows, mostly. But then again, its the internet. You have to watch them.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• We don't have xbox but it's good to know if dd ever goes someplace I will know now.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• NO x-box here either, just got a Wii, but the kids ONLY play games with us using the family room TV.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• that woman is sick... why in the world would she do something like that??? and the comments at the bottom of the article are even worse. "if it was my kid i'd give him a high-five and a pack of trojans" what?????????
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 2:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Old double standard. Old guy young girl = pervy guy. Young guy old girl = cool guy. AKA ignorant double standard, but aren't they all?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• did any of you guys read some of the comments on there some of them are freaking sick and gross saying he would give the kid a high five and a pack of trojans, why is it ok for boys to be abused like that and not girls??? should not standards for safety of kids all be the same doesn't it freak any one else out that men think it is cool that their son got laid by an adult??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Sick B. I hope she gets what's coming to her.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011