What can i do to quit loving someone?

I'm married to this great guy and i know he loves me but I can't stop thinking about a person i work with I'm afraid that it might end up ruining my marriage.

Sarah369

Asked by Sarah369 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Get reassigned to another area of the company.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Therapy

Answer by rkoloms at 1:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You are already ruining your marriage with your thoughts and feelings, if I were you I would make a decision where your happiness lies.

Answer by older at 1:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Sometimes our "fantasies" seem real and the reality isn't as good as you think. The other guy could be a lousy partner, for all you know. And thinking about someone you aren't with is "fun" and gives our minds and bodies something exciting to focus on...but that's all it really is. If you did end up with that guy, you know that in a few years all the new feelings wear off anyway. Its the natural course of any relationship. Also...don't equate strong feelings with love. And, loving someone doesn't mean they are right for you...don't hurt your husband over this.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 7:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• remember that the grass is sometimes greener on the other side of the fence
    because
    the other side is a spectic field

be grateful for what you have, the other guy is a fantasy, and your husband is real
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Remember the reasons that he is your EX-boyfriend and keep repeating these reasons over and over. Remember the bad not the good you are just fantisizing.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011