I have daycare questions about how to start a business with a friend?

I was wondering if anyone knows Washington state laws on in home daycare?

How do I get started?

How big does your house need to be square footage?

How many kids can you watch at once with a 2 ratio?

Also how do you figure what portion of pud and food is being used by your daycare children?

What amount of toys are needed?

How much to charge per child such as a pay scale/ rate?

I want to charge 30 dollars a day per child I think it's very resonable for parents since our economy has been sown so much I understand as a parent how spendy daycare can be. I am going to charge if your child is hear or not because I want my slots to be closed. For an example my parents would be purchasing a slot is how I look at it. I love kids though! I have 2 and my friend has 1 so we have 3 slots filled.

so maybe take in 7 kids, and her and I split everything 50/50 we will be getting a contract as well! And be taking a legal stance by, :)

I am not certified, but have been told that you don't have to be but will only be allowed so many children in the home? How does that work? I don't want to really call it business, as much as it would just be direct daycare.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Money & Work