Would you marry to avoid hell?

If it wasn't for my son, I would not be marrying his father this year. I am only doing so because if we were to split up, it would be the world's biggest custody battle, and I would literally go INSANE if I had to give my son up to him for days at a time, and I would be worried sick if he was being well taken care of or would even be safe in the hands of my in-laws...because they are idiots, and that is where my son would be. So I have decided it is much easier to be married and live a good life knowing I could have really wanted to marry someone else, than not marry my fiance and live in utter hell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I really don't know if I would be able to marry someone I did not love or marry someone because I felt I had no other choice. BUT it is your life to live however you choose to and I am not bashing you. I can see and understand your reason for the marriage-- to ensure your son is safe and so that you can be with him 100% of the time. I do hope that everything works out and that you can have a good life with your son's dad.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I understand that, have you thought of killing him?
    Anonymous

• I dont get it, what will you achieve by marrying him???
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• lmao killing him?! seriously. lol then the kid would end up with no parents, because she would be in jail. you could always annoy the shit out of him and make him so crazy he has to be committed to a mental ward. I mean, or even commit suicide lmao. I"M JOKING. ... but then you'd be rid of both him and his crazy parents.

I hope you find the answer you're looking for.
    Wowifey

Answer by Wowifey at 1:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't think it will work unless there is love you will be just as miserable as fighting out custody.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Wow! U never marry just to give the child a father. U marry for love and there is the money thing too. Marriage cannot last unless there is love.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My fiance does not know I feel this way. I go about everything like I love him and play the part.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I know that it isn't going to be a popular answer but I think I'd do the same as you in that situation.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I hope you are kiding anon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• leksismommy, I won't have to give my son up for 3 or 4 days a week, spend my days and nights awake, pacing the house, wondering if my son is okay or what my in-laws are saying or doing. I will be able to be with him all the time, make the right decisions, be in control of my own life and my family. I would DIE otherwise. Literally.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011