Preeclampsia and induction; adult content

Here's the story, i have been having really bad blood pressure problems for a while now. But everytime they checked for urine i was fine. Until last Thursday they unfortunetly found it ): Yesterday i had a tight chest, and my blood pressure was 158 / 89 (im 16 btw). So i was recommended to go to the hospital, but of course i didn't get there. Today my visions been a little off and whatnot, but i'm trying to hold out til' my appointment tomorrow morning. I'm 38 weeks pregnant. Do you think they're going to induce me sometime this week? And, can they induce if i'm not dilating, just softening?

P.S, please don't post vulgar remarks on how i'm a teenage pregnancy. I've never been more dedicated and more responsible to anything in my life. 16 or not, i'm going to try my absolute best to beat statistics, graduate high school, and support myself and my son.

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if your haveing vision problems i would go get your blood pressure checked and yes they may induce you because of it. try to keep off your feet and no salt with lots of water.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think there's a good possiblity they'll try to induce very soon.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• u need to go to the hospital now trust me u dont wanna not go then something be wrong that hurts ur son. btw i was 15 when i had myy daughter and no one should have anyy problems with that i take care of myy kids better than most ppl who are 30 and having them age dont matter just take care of ur self and ur son
    babyy_blue_eyes

Answer by babyy_blue_eyes at 1:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• A bunch of strangers on the internet aren't going to be able to tell you if your doctor will induce, or if it's best for your body to do so. I'm much more concerned about this: So i was recommended to go to the hospital, but of course i didn't get there. Why didn't you go? Your vision is off, your doctor was obviously concerned. You need to take it more seriously for your health and your baby.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• If you are having blood pressure problems, this is NOT something to mess with. Preeclampsia is very dangerous to yourself and your child. Being a younger mother does put you at risk, and induction might be necessary. Vision problems are not a good sign. You need to get to the doctor right away. I'm not trying to scare you but people can die from this....its not something to blow off.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I know i know, i understand completely. But, i have been to the hospital 3 other times. And every time i got there, nothing was wrong and i was sent home. It's always better to be safe then sorry. I'm going to call my aunt who's a RN so she can professionally check my BP. Thanks girls !
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• What do you mean you didn't get to the hospital? If you didn't have a ride you call 911 and they get you there. How irresponsible! Go to the hospital, for your babys sake.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• who are u to call her irresponsible u dont kno what the reason is so whyy judge till u kno ppl like u drive me nuts
    babyy_blue_eyes

Answer by babyy_blue_eyes at 1:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You need to go to the hospital. Please go, it really is better to be safe that sorry. Everything you are going through will cause stress on the baby. It may be a good idea for them to induce.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I just called my grandma, and we're going to be heading to my aunt's to get my BP checked.
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2011