Mark Levin threatens to sue

Chris Matthews for trying to draw a link between him and the Tuscon shootings. I think it is about time that someone stands up and makes people like Matthews be responsible for the conclusions they are drawing and force them to base them in some sort of fact. What say you? 

http://news.newsmax.com/?mKID.TdB1P7QF5El0-z.cDu7kXbzblR1m

scroll to story 2

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Then someone needs to sue Sean Hannity , Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck for their outrageous lies.

Ohhh, so much righteous indignation. Of course you realize, to sue someone, you don't just have to feel insulted, you also have to have a leg to stand on. There is nothing stopping any liberal from suing any commentator who doesn't blow sunshine up their ass, but if they're not trying to lose the money it will cost them, they need to have a better case than, I disagree! A difference of opinion - not much to sue over - suggestion that someone was a conspirator in a violent act, that's a whole nother ball game.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• WOOT!! I think he should!! I mean if Hollywood celebrities can sue tabloids for starting unfounded rumors, why not a conservative talk show host?!

I think this would be a situation that Obama would approve of! It's right in line with his quote: "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• As long as he has a case an can afford a lawyer I think he should. Many more should.
    And put somewhat of a stop to all this lunacy. Hit 'em in the wallet, it's always the most effective when getting a point across.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Then someone needs to sue Sean Hannity , Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck for their outrageous lies....especially the docu-style "special report" Hannity did up to the election besically calling then Senator Obama a terrorist funded by terror organizations

***
    Funny thing about unfounded allegations...everyone I know (including me) who has been accused of wrongdoing when I/we are 100% innocent, has gone to the ends of the Earth to clear our names/reputations. I'm not seeing the same attempts from the Obama camp! LOL

You're the only one who UNABASHEDLY gives him free passes....on EVERYTHING. (eye roll)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• So he apologized then at least theres that..will Matthews ..Dupnik..and pretty much the rest of msm apologize to us cons?

Why would he, they?

John McCain and Rudy Giulani understand it....too bad you don't . There has been no specific blame and therefore no lawsuit to be had.

"Mark Levin Threatens to Sue Chris Matthews, Others" “I’m waiting for an allegation that is very specific against me because I’m going to sue." “Somebody has to stand up to this. Somebody has to draw the line. Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Joe Scarborough — test me.” Take in the WHOLE story, sweets!! Get your facts first and then you can distort them as much as you wish.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

Yeah but, Levin is talking about lies, sweets!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Love that idea!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Spin will put the two together and BAM! you have Hannity calling BO a terrorist.

***

CAREFUL, Jesse! I wouldn't want Emeril Lagasse's signature expression to be misconstrued as your wanting to harm the president!!!!! LOL

wink

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Well, sweet, all of them offers us their sources to be checked out. You can call them on any 'lie' you see fit. Do the research and prove them wrong. Oh, wait, they do research before they speak.......silly me! That is why no one sues them. They use the people's own word which can't be denied. Your wonderful MSNBC just runs their mouth without basis. That is the difference.

Now stop that, jesse! Your going to make her confuse her truth with the facts!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2011