eBook Readers

If you have one, like the Kindle, what do you have, how much was it and was it worth the money in your opinion?

DH was talking about them earlier and wants me to check on prices, but I don't want to find one that's really cheap only to find out that it's really crappy and people have had a lot of problems from it. I know on Amazon a new Kindle is about $180, but IDK if it's really worth that. He LOVES eBooks and I think he wants to get one so that he has something more portable than his laptop or something.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Technology

• i have the newest version of kindle .. i dont know abt cost i didnt buy it .. if you love books then yes get one ..
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have kindle on my blackberry. I love it, and it was a free app.
    SavageMom86

Answer by SavageMom86 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have had a Nook for several months. I recently purchased one for my DH after he used and explored mine while he was out of town for a week.
    IF you are avid readers then I recommend getting an ereader. For the most part, books are the same price for an ereader as a physical copy, if there is any difference in price it is usually no more than .15.
    They are beneficial to us because we travel quite a bit and it is difficult carrying or packing 4/5 books in our luggage per person at a time, plus the ease of purchase makes it worth it. Rather than driving to the store, access is at our fingertips.

If you are considering them, I would recommend either the Kindle or Nook. Friends of mine have the Kobo and Sony e-reader and have have extensive problems with them.
    elle31106

Answer by elle31106 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I just got a Velocity Micro Cruz for my anniversary last week and I love it so far. It was $99 at Best Buy. It's got a color screen and has the Borders bookstore preloaded on it and I downloaded the Kindle app so I can also buy from Amazon.com. I also had to download a separate app so I could read non-Kindle epub files (most of the stuff I have on there is fanfiction I downloaded). It runs the android system but an old version so a lot of the apps don't work with it but I don't really care. I wanted it to read my fanfic and some books, not play games and stuff. It has wi-fi which I haven't had any trouble with. I get a good signal all the way in my bedroom which is on the complete opposite side of the house from our router.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I use my iPad I bought because I was looking for an ereader but at the time none of them were in color! I love my iPad!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 2:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2011