online dating

O.K. i have tried th online dating thing (am VERY cautious) but i'm underwhelmed and considering just forgetting the whole thing. Any opinions or weird stories to sway my decision? I'm not sure if i should stick it out or just stop the insanity!

Ms.Wendy83

Asked by Ms.Wendy83 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• LOL..I met my husband of 10 years on Match.com back in 1999! :o) Our profiles matched us automatically within 3 days of joining, we went on our first date 3 weeks later, were engaged 5 months after that, and married 8 months thereafter! :o)

It CAN be an AWESOME way to meet Mr. Right.....IF you REALLY know what you want, and don't "settle!" When I joined, I did so on a "dare" so to speak--a few of my friends and I were having margaritas one night, and I decided to do what I call, "build the perfect husband!" (specific age range, height, build, faith, education, income, non-smoker, no kids, etc.) just to see what I'd get, and lo and behold....it was my husband (to be)!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• yeah i met this 1 guy that was good i wish it could of lasted but he had to go to the marines & i havent seened him since but im happy with the man im with know
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• None of mine turned out well. My first, we started dating long distance and online before we met. He decided to cheat not once, but twice with two separate women who he had also met online. Both of us became nasty seeing he denied any wrong doing. Least to say it ended badly (not surprising) and we haven't spoken nor do we have anything to do each other. (We met through Yahoo Messenger).

Same as above I met this guy through the same source. We were close friends for a year offline before we slept together. When I admitted to deeper feelings he cut communication and started seeing someone else.

I also went on dates with a couple of men from Plenty of Fish. Another turned out badly, and the others we fell out of communication. I am now with someone that I met offline. I will never use the internet for dating or meeting men again.
    DejaVooDoo

Answer by DejaVooDoo at 4:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I met my wonderful husband on Match.com. It took a while and it was worth the wait!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• One of my Goopd Friends met her husband of 5+ years they are very happy and have a one year old baby!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• underwhelmed ...because too many answering your ad??
    keep your profile private
    that way you can contact them and you will not get every Tom, Dick And Harry writing to you
    in your profile, you can talk about how you are NOT into bar scene, NOT into dating multiple people etc
    word it as you are NOT a wild and crazy woman, this will stop a few from trying
    also mention how you are a single mom, mention this a few times, as this will make a few more not contact you
    mention also that you wouldlike to get to know something from emails before meeting up, this will stop more from contacting you

if you are honest about how you are not wild and single, the men who are just looking for a booty call will pick on another woman who is looking for that, or has not given thought to how men are reading their profileand the men are thinking they will get some of that booty
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2011