How do you bite your tounge and just learn to live with someones bad habit( nose picking husband) adult content

my husband picks his nose constantly and half the time i don't think he knows it so he will just stare at the TV and put his thumb up in there and rub the side of his nose and the outer fingers rub the outside....then he retracts and wipes his hand on his pants.

I just want to yell "QUIT PICKING YOUR NOSE"!!!!

but he is emotionally immature and takes things in a way where he gets ultra defensive and will act like I just kicked him down with what little self esteem he has.
so how do I handle this??????? it is driving me nuts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Eh, i'm a nag. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when he does something annoying like that. I think he just gets used to my nagging though! Lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 2:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Point it out to him whenever he does it. I would think he would want to stop. What do people at work think?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• he works in construction so he is off on his own so not many people see it like I do
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I let him know that I hate some of the thigns he does. He does'nt take offense and he changes that bad habit..
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 2:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would absolutely bring it to his attenion when he does it. Maybe its just a habit and he doesnt realize hes doing it.
    tammyyyyy5

Answer by tammyyyyy5 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Ew. My husband and I have been together 14 years and I still smack him in the hand when he bites his nails. His fingers never go up his nose though so I guess I should consider myself lucky.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• well just be honest with him he might get mad but you want to tell him how you feel tell him to stop putting his finger up his nose if he has any bugers inthere to get some tissues or go to the bathroom & clean his nose & wash your hands please goodluck mama i hope it works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have asked him if he would like a box of kleenex to blow his nose and he looks dumbfounded and asks why he would need kleenex and I tell him it is better to blow then it is to pick and he just gives me a disgusted look
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Ha. My husband does the same thing.. He's 37 years old, imnot going to change him. Theres always worse problems in the world.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Id have to say someting to him. my so bites his nails which drives me crazy so when we're cuddled up watching tv and his munching on his nails I gently pinch his leg so he realises what his doin, I know its a habit he has a hard time controlling and doesnt even realise his doin it half the time so he welcomes a gentle pinch..
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 3:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2011