Why is it when people die, family is only concerned about what there getting?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 2:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Only greedy people are concerned. Those who truly care for the deceased don't care what they get if anything.

Answer by older at 2:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't know why they do it. To prove they are better and had some type of better relationship with the person?
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• That is what I thought. But at my grandma funeral everyone was fighting cause they wanted stuff. They were sad that she was gone but that didn't stop them from thinking about what is coming to them or if they will get anything.. This has happen at about ten funerals I have been too. Even at my sister funeral everyone wanted something of hers. .
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• That ruined my dad's side of the family. Both my grandparents died within weeks of each other. My dad was to get the lake house & his brother was to get their other house. Well, a day before my grandad died, my uncle convinced my sick non-existant grand dad to give him EVERYTHING. My grandad could not even speak, he was in another world, his brain was not functioning properly. But, somehow my uncle got his signature to give him everything. I know that is not what my grand parents would have wanted, they loved us dearly. My uncle had no kids, no wife but still got everything. My grandparents were millionaires, all of our college funds & my grandmothers vintage jewlery was sold by my greedy uncle. We didn't see a dime...NOTHING, not even personal belongings from my grandparents. None of us has spoken to my dad's side of the family in over 20 years because of this. Greed is a nasty thing...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Wow Samurai.... that is so sad.... How was he able to get him to sign??? take his hand with the pen in it and help him???? I dunno but I sure do hope no one ever tries to get me to sign anything while imcompaciated.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I know when my grandfather passed away it was horrific... my one aunt had a bitterness in her heart toward everyone because she thought she was the abandoned one and ended up taking things that did not belong to her like my grandmothers dishes and tablewear and stuff that was supposed to be split between the 4 siblings.. she has not spoken to her siblings since then and all the pics that were given to her of me while growing up she sent them to me to have... her way of cutting herself out of the family was to rid of things that remind her of it. So sad I havent spoken or seen her in almost 15 yrs. I do not have access to her whearabouts but a second cousin of mine does and once in a while gives updates.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• We have a family member who is losing a battle with cancer. Everyone has been arguing over who gets what since the diagnosis. I am the only one who was there when the Will was changed due to their behavior (btw I am getting the only thing I ever want when family passes...a minimum of one good picture for memories). I can't go around that part of the family anymore. Their behavior is disgusting.

Anonymous

• It was the same thing with my maternal grandmother... her children fought over everything....it was so sad...really...
    made me see my mothers side with clearer eyes that is for sure...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It is called greed, plain and simple. You see a persons soul when a death occurs, and most time the soul is dark.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I can honestly say I have only one family member like that - and we really don't talk to her much. The rest of the family tends not to care about the STUFF, they focus more on the loss.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2011