How do you stop your husband from spoiling your children?

My DH just brought my our 14 year old son a 500 north face jacket a week before he got all three boys new sneakers each coasting over 100 and he also got them new sneakers for Christmas and every single thing on there list and more and now our 2 year old dd whenever we go shopping he buys her a toy so now she expects it and when it's just her and i she will scream until i give in now he is a very good daddy he take off fro school plays and spends alto of time with them playing and talking but i feel he buys them to much stuff ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Don't give in her to her screams and eventually she will stop at least when she is with you.

Answer by older at 2:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• He bought a jacket and shoes, that's a good thing. You two need to discuss how you will deal with the 2 year old, because that spoiled kid in the store stuff is annoying to everyone, and it will just get worse. But as for the cost of shoes, I wouldn't sweat it, if they kids need shoes and they cost 100 and it's not hurting financially don't sweat it. My son who is 14 mos has 40 and 50 dollar shoes and I know my hubby's shoes all range from 100-200 and their only sneakers, lol It's all in taste and quality.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Okay mom, really can you stop him? The real question is does he spoil you too? My oldest son is the same way. He overindulges his two with lavish clothing, shoes , dinners also. It is his way of parenting. I do not offer a opinion because he is the dad.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 6:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2011