What are you doing for Imbolc/Candlemas?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Giving myself the gift of infertility! lol! (I'm having my tubes tied on the 8th!)

In all seriousness, not to much. It's still too cold here to go outside in early Feb. So it tends to be a small personal celebration. Usually just a small ritual. But with a newborn in the mix, who knows if I can even get time for that this year... I know, I know... Bad Me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I'm going to make a huge kugel with white raisins and pineapple. I plan on venturing to the beach for the extra few minutes of light there will be. Other than that treating myself to a meditation on the festival, some music, a little dancing and maybe a little wine....but only if I have been good:)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Recovering from Thorrablot ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I usually put together my garden plans and start my inside herb garden...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Havent made any particular plans yet.

Id love to do an herb garden but the HOA twits are grouchy about stuff outside on the patio and my boys would bug the crud outta them inside.

So one of these days Ill do it, when I dont have to worry about stupid people being annoyed that they are outside LOL and my boys are old enough to not touch LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Honoring Brighid with my Pagan group through ritual.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thanks Notpanicking for the suggestion of SFG. I think we may give it a try here to.

Heres a link

http://www.squarefootgardening.com/

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:00 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My Circle and I traditionally do candlemaking and Candlemagick. 

Two of us have one of these, and we gather early for those who wish to MAKE a candle, and have a second gathering time for Ritual.  In Ritual we bless and charge our candles, Calling upon the Goddess Brighid, and THIS year we will be doing a Tool Blessing:

"- a TOOL of your trade or hobby or craft (Like, a Math teacher might bring a calculator, a gardener might bring her spade,  an artist, her paintbrush, etc.) as we will be blessing them as well in Ritual"

AND

This year we may be doing one or two Baby Blessings as well! 

Oh, and I make Lamb Stew for our Feasting! 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'll be making candles for this year's sabbats and planting seeds to grow herbs indoors.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was thinking of planting some herbs inside this year, also. We might try to plant something outside, but I'm not sure about it

Have you ever looked into square foot gardening? You can do it in containers, on an elevated table or built-in space. There used to be a show about it on PBS, and the guy from the show wrote a book that's considered the essential for all gardeners, but there are a ton of websites out there that offer most of the same info from the book.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2011