Should I rethink this?

So, I just got a job as an assistant manager. The pay isn't spectacular (I'm used to the pay scale in Colorado and we're in Texas), but once fully trained as an assistant manager, it'll be 40 hours week. I was making a dollar MORE in Colorado as a regular hourly employee. Every time I've gone into work, I keep questioning myself if I made the right decision. The drive is about half an hour and I'm filling up my gas tank every 2-3 days. With our current income (I don't get paid until the 7th of February), so I'm only able to fill my gas tank to half instead of full.

Also, I recently registered for school and first day of classes is January 18th. I'm using my GI Bill to pay for school, books, and basic allowance for housing. I'm wondering if I should stick around at this job until my school and housing allowance money come in and then just stick with school full-time.

I just keep wondering if I'm cut out to work in food service. I worked at a burger place when I was in high school (for about two months), two different movie theaters (if the concession stand is considered food service) for a cumulative of five years, and Denny's (for about a year). I'm excited that I found a job and all, but I keep questioning myself and the decision I made.

I don't like the area manager; I feel he's too pushy, rude, you can't tell when he's joking or being serious, and expects more from spankin' new employees than he should. He apparently comes in twice a week and that's already too much for me. I walk away from this guy feeling slimy; does that make much sense?

I guess what I'm asking is this: if I'm constantly asking myself if I made the right decision, does that mean that I didn't make the right one? Should I at least stick it out until my GI Bill money starts coming in? I'd feel really shitty to just leave after they took the time out to get me trained, but if I don't feel comfortable there, why should I stay?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 2:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• You need to do what is best for your family.

You should probably keep this job, and look for another. Perhaps you can find one through the employment office at the University you will attend

Answer by rkoloms at 3:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Just keep looking and keep it til you find something better.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011