Was it what you imagined when you had your baby?

Just curious if it was what you imagined what is was gonna be like? If not was it better or worse? Was it exciting? I know it is a weird question.

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 4:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not a weird question.. but no it wasnt at all what i thought it was goin to be.. i didnt think it was goin to be as hard as it is/was.. my daughter was a crier she cried all the time. she was a baby that wanted to get up and go and i was her way of doin that she doesnt cry as much now that she walks. she wanted to be on me 24/7 i thought i would have a baby that would stay on the floor or in a play pen while i cleaned or did other things.. but im still happy and wouldnt change it for the world..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• For me it was easier than I expected. I lucked out, I have 2 very easy going babies! I thought I'd be up all night for months, but both of my babies slept through the night by 8 weeks. I was worried about colic, but I lucked out there too. In my case I think I expected the worst and got the best.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• The labor was a lot different than I expected. I don't know if it was better or worse....just different. After that it's been easier than I expected, but everyone tells me that my son is an angel compared to most babies. I'm just so thankful for him that stinky diapers and losing some sleep doesn't bother me.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• actually it was kinda what I thought.. some hard points like sleeping but nursing went great. His Dilivery went off Cillter but other than that hes a really really good baby... and doesn't really cry at all... He's just a little piggy.. he's 10 1/2 wks old and weighs 11lbs 10oz!!!!
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Everything has been pretty easy for me. I guess I kind of lucked out. It's basically what I expected and babysitting when I was younger helped me realize the difficulty of raising a child so I was somewhat prepared. I've gotten lucky that my daughter is pretty happy for the majority of the time and things have gone well since delivery. I figured I wouldnt be able to go on so little sleep, but for the first couple weeks I was fine, which surprised me because I thought that would be a lot harder.
    nel2359

Answer by nel2359 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Some mommies are overwhelmed with love and enjoyment from the moment baby arrives. Other mommies "grow into" the preciousness of their new position.
    Either way is o.k. as long as baby is being cared for, cuddled, fed, etc.
    And there is nothing wrong with really enjoying naptime =)
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 2:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008