Fort Knox- What do you think of Vine Grove, Rineyville, and Brandenburg? We will be relocating soon and trying to figure out where to rent. (already on AHRN)

2adoptedangels

Asked by 2adoptedangels at 3:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I live in Louisville, not far from Ft. Knox. My dh worked at Ft. Knox for 5 yrs as a civilian guard. Personally I love the surrounding area. Vine Grove and Brandenburg are really nice. We looked at buying a home in the area before we bought our home. We both grew up in Louisville so we just stayed here. We looked at some homes in Radcliff also. It's really hit or miss there. What I like about brandenburg and vine grove better are that it's more spread out and the lots are bigger. More of a country feel to it. E-Town is a nice small town also. They are all pretty low cost areas. Of course I'm a Louisville girl myself so I do have to put a good word in for us :) It's a farther drive but it's definatly more built up and populated. but I would say if your just looking online anything in vine grove or brandenburg is good. I'm not sure about rineyville. I wouldn't trust online for radcliff, some can be a little ghetto lol
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 17, 2011