When feeling stressed out by your children,what do you do to cool down and relax?

I ama sahm to 4 great kids. My older2 boys are always fighting. My little ones make huge messes wherever they go. I have a hard time staying on top of them and cleaningthe house.. I need away to relax and calm down. What do you do to relax, in stressful times?

PrettyBaby07

Asked by PrettyBaby07 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• Do you have someone to call, have them sit with the kids while you take a breather?
    Anonymous

• I go out and sit on the back porch for a few minutes. Get some fresh air and relax! Then I am ready to continue the battle!
    Deanna14

Answer by Deanna14 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Well I am a SAHM as well and understand your frustration. I only have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 13 mo old. I do have my moments as well though, I think all parents do. when I am at my wits end and feel the need to scream (which is often lol) I will go to my bedroom and sit and relax i even call my husband and talk to him and ask him to talk with me because Im stressed. he understands so he takes a couple minutes and talks with me. Also I will take the kids outside and let them play in the yard so release some of there "active" behavior. lol! I really hope that you can find something that helps you so you can get some relief, it doesn't mean you don't love your kids but feeling like you wanna pull your hair out isn't good either. good luck!
    Sarah
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 2:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have four children and are often in the same place, two always fighting an the other two making a constant mess. Sometimes when it gets too much, I put them all in their own room, if they share a room, put them in separte parts of the house with something quiet to do, if only for 1/2 hour. It helps, and so does a lot of coffee!
    deb41

Answer by deb41 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I also have 4 kids and I am a teacher during the year but I am home all summer. My two older fight.... my little ones are crazy at the same time.. I put the babies in their cribs with music on or baby morzat video & send the boys to the table for craft time. ANYTHING GOES... color socks, t- shirts Whatever!!!! Markers ( washable) always work. Iced coffee helps, However a half a glass of wine does too!!!! LOL
    4crazykidz

Answer by 4crazykidz at 9:55 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Sometimes it's nonstop with everything that's going on - add 4 kids into the mix and there's no wonder you're stressed out! I took a class on stress relief and learned a lot of great techniques that help me calm down no matter what. I listed them at the link below if you want to check it out!

http://buzz.prevention.com/community/emily09/combatting-the-inevitable-challenge-stress
    healthygirl0913

Answer by healthygirl0913 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2008