Losses in life?

Have you experienced any major loss in your life? How did you deal with it?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 3:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I just tried to talk about it when I felt I needed to. I stayed around family I remembered the good times. I prayed(I'm not pushing you to that if you're against it). Good luck!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I talked to my family alot.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My husband of 7 years left when my son was 19 months old and never came back....it's 18 years later now. And I was very close to my grandma and she passed away....you cry. you talk to whomever you are comfortable talking to (I went to a therapist) and you eventually realize that although the loss still hurts YOU feel better.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You go through the levels of grief then celebrate the great parts of your life you had with the loved one. Then take it one day at a time.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes, I have had a major loss in my life, my son (stillbirth). My loss affects me every single day and I'm coming up on a yr, 1 month from today. I don't have much family support, but my DH and a friend who has gone thru the same thing has helped me tremendously. I often remind myself of all the things my son has taught me in his short life, it has definitely made me a more compassionate person and value life more. Talking about him helps, crying, and looking at his pics. Loss is never easy :(
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Where do I begin..I lost my stepfather in 2002, my grandpa in 2003, My uncle who was like a dad to me in 2004, I lost my home and all my belongings to Hurricane Katrina in 2005, My mother passed in 2007, My other grandpa passed in 2008, My grandmother passed in 2009 and I just recently lost my great aunt this year. The only way that i deal with it is to talk about it.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 4:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• my dad n i just did.i held it in...
    smilingmomma

Answer by smilingmomma at 6:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I lost my dadat age 10-my family helped me I divorced my first husaband in my twenties he was abusive and abused drugs my family was there for me and bailed me out I had a preemies baby and my family helped me I got hit by a car and have had tramatic pain since my husband son and family are there everyday for me!
    Family is a wonderful thing!!!!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011