What do you think the Judge will grant?

The ''father'' of my kids has filed for custody/visitation. I don't want him to have any custody of my children, he's worthless. He is in and out of jail for multiple charges, he doesn't have a license, he doesn't even have a job, nevertheless if he gets one, he doesn't hold it for long. I have taken care of both my kids since birth! He was locked up during the birth of my first. With the second he was there, and after she was born he left, didn't stay or come back while I was at the hospital. He has left me both times during I was pregnant. He has no stable form of housing. His mom is about to move 3 hours away, he's going to be living with his aunt IF he finds a job, which isn't reliable on his part. He is on probation as well.....I want full custody of my kids, is there anyway I can fight and the judge will grant it?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• The facts are the facts. Rest easy mommy and tell it to the judge. The family court has seen a lot of these types of cases ya know. It will be alright. Actually family court is the best way to be granted full custody. He gave you no other options.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 6:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't think you have to worry about him getting full custody but he may get weekend visitation. You need to ask for supervised visits just in case. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 3:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• His record pretty much speaks for itself he shouldnt be able to get custody. good luck i will pray for you
    bobbietrayer

Answer by bobbietrayer at 10:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Hopefully his record alone will speak for itself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• it sounds like you will have no problem getting custody as long as theres nothing on your record. Make sure you have witnesses custody battles can get really bad.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 3:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• His88angel - I have no record, not even a speeding ticket lol! My mother is a witness, as far as non-family, I don't have any of those =(
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• well u should be fine make sure you show records of him in jail and what he did even if its just newspaper clippings. DO you work? If so maybe bring in something showing u how long you have been there to show that u have a stable home maybe in a bank statment to show you are not hurting on money or anything, but it sounds like the judge would be stupid to give him custody.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 3:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I don't have a job =( & I live w/ my mother, but I have been busting my you-know-what to find a job, I have recently went on 3 interviews, but all already filled the position ''/ ... he's also a felon, so his charges aren't pety!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• then you will have no problems with him have a felony. But i will pray that everything goes good for you
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 3:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Hire a lawyer or go to legal aid. They will tell the judge what he needs to know to give you full custody

Answer by admckenzie at 3:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011