I need some advise. I am a stay at home mom looking to start my own business........

-I have a whole bunch of business ideas that keep popping in my head but I can't seem to know how or where to start. I am also concerned about start up costs. I live in a small town where I am not sure if my ideas will work or be profitable. I don't have much money and I don't really want to apply for a loan, I really have the determination but I need to loose my fear. What should I do? where do I start? Any ideas to help me out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Go down to the Small business association.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I am exactly the same way. I want to start up my own business too. So I went online and found a few schools. Now I am attending a university for business administration. It teaches you alot and helps you learn how to start your own business and teaches you what will help the business stay strong. Look into it. You can also apply for financial aid which you do not have to pay back until after you graduate and when you do start paying it back, you can set up payment options to pay back what you can when you can.
    Angel.Johnson87

Answer by Angel.Johnson87 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 3:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• www.BeHomenow.biz

3 years ago I was looking for a stay at home business. i love what i found. check it out.
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 5:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Well ask around town about your ideas and see how people react to it...ask if they would buy from or use the services. Look for inexpensive ways to get started, can the business be run from home? Can you get supplies, inventory, tools, etc etc used or inexpensively.

Dh and I started out carpet clenaing business literally on $2,000 and while last year was steady but not where we want it to be, we've already had a huge pick up since New Years landing several large commercial accounts. In the next 3 months we will be making more than we made the last two years in the business combined!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• *cleaning not clenaing
    Mom2Jack04

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! Our Team is looking for Motivated Moms who are looking to make additional income or replace income! We are dedicated to helping other Moms work from home. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, NO Parties, NO RISK!!! It’s an enjoyable and flexible home business.
    Erika- Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms, Helping Moms Work from Home since 1999!
    I’d be happy to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Visit my website: www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our Team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:47 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree with rkoloms. Check with the SBA and Score. Start brainstorming for ideas and write them down, no matter how silly you might think it is. You can always eliminate ideas later. Think about the skills you have and if there are any niches in your area that need filled. Think about what you'd enjoy doing. Read books and resources online. Educated yourself.

On a whole it is cheaper to start and run a service based business than a product based business.

If you need help, I invite you to join my business group here on Cafemom.  Many of us are small business owners and have gone through what you are going through now.  We'd be happy to help.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Look into becoming a Juice Plus Rep. It's your own business but with all the leg work already done for you. $50 gets you up and running. Feel free to contact me if you would like more info, I'll be happy to share more info about this 17 year old company and the research behind the product. Working with this company changed my life.
    www.mywellnessgirl.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You can look at site like marykay or avon or pureromance or puresparty and ask about how to start your own at home business
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011