my 22 month old DD refuses to sleep in her bed

ok so about 4 months ago we got my DD a toddler bed.
She wont sleep in it she screams and bangs on the door then ends up asleep on my bed. I try to move her to her bed when i go to bed but she just wakes up and the whole thing starts over again
so last week i went and got a baby gate so she cant bang on the door and i told her this is mommys bed u need to sleep in kaile's bed
she stopped crawling into my bed but now she screams ten times louder and refuses to go to bed or even take a nap.
we are trying to get her used to sleeping with out mommy in or near the room cuz i might start working night shifts
does any one have any advice that can help me get her to stop screaming and go to bed nice?

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My four year old little girl does the sam thing. I know it is annoying, but is security issue. I was told to just let her sleep with me and eventually she'll move to her own bed on her own. If you have enough room maybe you can move her bed into your room. At least that way youd have more room to yourself. Also, try puttin a tv in her bedroom and laying in there with her until she falls asleep. tht way there is no transfering her
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• her bed is all ready in my room lol
    19bubbles91

Comment by 19bubbles91 (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Make a deal with her. Tell her that if she sleeps in her own room, she can have some kind of reward. Something you know she cannot refuse.

My DD slept with me until she as 4...lol. I was my fault, i loved it too much. Before i bought her a bed, i got her real pumped for it. I kept telling her for weeks that she is getting her own big girl bed. It worked.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011