what to do with almost 10 month old........

who only wants me to hold her. she will crawl after me crying untill i pick her up and then she stops right away. i play with her, but when i walk away ahe cries. i try to let her fuss it out, but she ends up going into flipping out crying so hard. ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• separation anxiety is strong. She just doesn't want to be alone and without you. I used to do my chores sitting in the floor with mine. (folding clothes or peeling vegetables). I'd also take mine in the kitchen and let them play on the floor with the empty pans while I cooked. As long as they could see me they were fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• This is actually a good thing; it is a sign of a strong bond.

Use a sling or other baby carrier

Answer by rkoloms at 3:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• This won't last forever, and her being clingy with you is a time you will never see again, try to make the best of it and enjoy your idol status.

Answer by older at 3:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• ok im sure im gonna get tons of bashing and people talking smack. but i had ds (2) and dd (10) months and she was my needy child so i took the booster seat and put it on the counter next to the sink but back from the ledge. then i buckled dd in it and while i did the dishes next to her, she would toss her plastic stuff into the sink. she loved being apart of choirs with me. as long as she was in the booster seat id carry her to what ever room i was in and do my choirs.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Cars-Deluxe-Folding-Booster-Seat/14935917

knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My 9 month old daughter is the exact same way but I love that she wants her mommy even though it does get frusterating sometimes that not even daddy can comfort her. You just have to take the time to sooth her and rule out that she might be tired, hungry, have a wet/dirty diaper ect.. And sometimes they just need to be by us soley for the comfort. Hang in there, the laundry or dishes can wait 15-20 min for your little one. You kind of learn to let some thing go for a while so that you can take care of your baby.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2011