Pain Pills After Birth!??!

I got sent home with Vicodin, oxycodone and naproxen. I took them for a while (AS DIRECTED by my OB), but found myself HIGH as a KITE. I thought I was hovering over my bed, and hallucinating. I got scared so I told my Hubby to get rid of them, and I dealt with the excruciating pain of the c section without them. Anyone experience this with the drugs???

*****NEVER TOOK THEM TOGETHER OR AT ONCE. I USED AS DIRECTED BY MY OB. THE NAPROXON AND CODONE WERE TO BE TAKEN TOGETHER!!!!!!!**** AND THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME I USED THEM, BUT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPPENED.

TamikaJovan

Asked by TamikaJovan at 3:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• never have..but I dont think ur supposed to take them together..or all at once..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• with my last pegnancy the dr sent me home with pain pills,i also felt very high an made me sick so i just stuck with tylenol after that.good luck to you
    jessie36477

Answer by jessie36477 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I never got pain pills after I had my kids. I took some Advil when I was sore.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I didn't take anything after my dd was born until I got home adn was walking around the mall and stuff like that, and even then it was only to keep the swelling of my stitches down. I didn't have a c-section, though. I know that oxycodone makes dh high occasionally, he takes it 1-2 times a month for back pain and if he's tired or hasn't eaten he's pretty much stoned.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• my ob sent me home with a weeks worth of lortabs but i didn't need them, just take what you need when you need it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• C-sections hurt to recover from. I took my pain pills after mine for about a week, then just suffered through the recovery. I would have had to take them for a month to really not feel excruciating pain recovering. I did take Tylenol after I quit taking my pain pill, which didn't do much, but it helped with inflammation.
    I will say that I needed a lot more help and a lot longer than I thought I should after my c-section. Don't be afraid to just sit around and let others wait on you. It is major surgery. It takes time and rest to heal. You could call your OB and ask for a lighter pain medication just so you don't feel so drugged, but you're still going to have to take it easy. It hurts to have your guts cut open. It helped to hold a pillow on my incision while getting out of a chair. It helped to sleep in the recliner, so I wouldn't have to sit up on the bed to get up.
    Sorry, I know it is tough.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 4:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• with both pregancies they sent me home with loratabs. the first time i filled it and took maybe two but im not a big pill taker so they sat in the cabniet for a while before i just got rid of them the second time i didnt even fill the Rx. both times i just took some advil when i was sore.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think that it just different reactions to taking different things. I do not feel high or loopy when I have taken those but to someone else it might make it so that they can not function.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I never took any pain pills after my csection. Not one...my son was in the NICU so I felt like I needed to be clear headed.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• 2 out of 3 of those medications are narcotics, and they do have that effect on many people. Some people find it helpful to take half a dose for pain management, but still not high as a kite.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2011