Valentines day, what a jerk!

He decides he wants to spend Valentines Day with me 2 days ago, then today he tells me he met this girl on New years and whats to try things out with her and make it work, AFTER I already planned all this stuff out, and even started buying stuff to make.....I NEED to get EVEN, he totally led me on, why couldn't he just be upfront about it and tell me before WE already planned to go out. I'm FURIOUS! What would you do....for Pete's sake he just met this girl and he wants to "make things work" after 2 weeks, he can't be serious can he?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• For those of you saying that the guy likes to make the plans, my husband never made a plan in his life, nor did my dad. If the women want to do something, we make it happen. For those of you saying that she should back off and men like the chase - IMMATURE men like the chase, and hey, WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY! Women can and do take the lead all the time, and if a man is into you, he won't care. He will be thrilled. Ya bunch of Betty Crockers....

Honey, you need to find a guy that is serious about relationships, that won't string you along for five years- someone that you can rely on. Every second you waste on this guy is taking your time from someone worth your while. DON'T LOOK BACK.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you dodged a bullet with that one. He doesn't sound like the guy you want or need. I would be pissed that I'd been had, but I certainly wouldn't waste another second of my time on him. Guys like him are a dime a dozen. Move on and focus on finding someone worth your time and energy, not a player like that.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• "revenge" is childish.

Why would you waste one more second of emotion on such a jerk???
    Anonymous

• What would I do? Say, see ya... and move on. Noone needs to put up w/ that
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Just let him go. The best revenge is finding a better man than him

Answer by admckenzie at 4:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Honestly, what I would do is tell the jackass to get lost. He clearly has no interest in you, you were just a convenience.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Valentines day is a long way off
    ??
    he told you when he knew (maybe you wanted more notice?)
    you bought stuff already to make...like what did you buy for day weeks away...food?, a card? a hotel room?

how long have you two been going out before he found another woman?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Invite a friend over, male or female, and have a nice meal and watch a movie.

Answer by Bmat at 4:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Best advice: just don't look back. Let him go.
    Worst advice: find the girl and let her know the truth, I bet she doesn't even know you exist!

Just a thought...just because he SAYS he met her on NYE doesn't mean he DID...

Don't waste your time trying to make sense of his words. Let him go. When a real man cares about you, you'll know the difference and you'll laugh at yourself for even thinking twice about the other guy.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 5:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• pop his tires, and kep happy valentines day in the side of his car or truck! lmao! i would so do it......
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2011