Would you let your 4 year old go run off steam by themselves outside

My son has been whinny and mouthy for two days straight. Nothing I say is right, nothing I do is right. He has already spent an hour in his room from mouthing off before church and then mouthing off again right after we came home. He took a nap so I thought he'd be o.k., nope. He is now whinnying he is cold, there is a blanket a foot a way. He is whinnying there is nothing to eat, I just bought groceries. I hate the cold, but I need a break would it be fine to make him go outside and run off some of this , whatever this is.

sandbuster

Asked by sandbuster at 4:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe he's coming down with something/ a cold or something. Try to give in to him a little and see if he stops whining. Poor baby. And Mommy.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• He's probably getting sick. Maybe try to snuggle up with him and watch some TV or read a book.
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 4:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• sounds to me like he is coming down with something.... i bet he is getting sick
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't--not unless I went with him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• sounds like he's still tired, that's how my dd gets when she's tired...anyways to answer you i only let my dd go in our back yard bc it is fenced in and i can see her from the kitchen window
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Is your yard safe? Have you let him go outside alone at other times? It kind of depends on those 2 things, but it really might help, even for just 10 minutes.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I do but I stand were I can see him and i live in the middle of no were.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• If he is in a safe and confined area and you can see him I don't see why not for a short period.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 4:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Depends on how safe your yard is. Our backyard is pretty well blocked off. My 4 yo goes out to run his energy and what not off outside, but we watch him from either the 3 season or the kitchen. As long as you keep an eye on him.
    JakeysMommy0127

Answer by JakeysMommy0127 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• This is how bad it has gotten, I told him I thought that he should go outside for a bit. He is now laying on the floor crying into his blanket that it is too cold out and he wants to stay inside. I am actually starting to worry, a few days ago, he'd jump if I said lets go for a walk, now he is crying.
    sandbuster

Comment by sandbuster (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011