having contractions before scheduled c sec?? Help!

I have a scheduled c sec jan 28th but my dr never said what to do if I go into labor on my own. I've been having strong braxton hicks I think (my stomach gets super tight and I lose my breath) every 15 min for 1.5 hours. I just have no clue when to say ok time to go.....

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 4:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well that depends on why you are having a scheduled c-section really. If it is a medically necessary one not just because the doctor doesn't want to let you have a vaginal birth then you need to call the doc now if you are having regular contractions. If the doc didn't say anything though he might just let you go on your own and try for a VBAC if you want.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would call you OB. I had contractions every 15min with my second son at 38 weeks and was in real labor. I never got any closer than that. I had him about an hour after i got to the hospital with my contractions still 15min apart. Good Luck and congrats on the baby.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Call your OB as team21 suggests. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Call ur ob or head to the hosp.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Do what you can to get rid of this, the normal stuff...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• id call your ob. however i can onlly hope ill go into labor befor my shedualed c section as my dr isnt really for a vbac since iv had two other c section but he did say if i go into labor on my own and show up at the hospital with regular contractions and things look good hed let me try. I pray it happens. good luck to you though.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Scheduled c sec is a repeat. Im an hour away and don't wanna drive over there for nothing. Should I wait and see if they get painful??
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would call the ob just in case, just to warn him or her what is going on.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My sister had a sechduled c-section after her first son, she went into labor at 37 weeks with her second, but wasnt sure if it was "real" labor because she got an epi too soon with her first son, that she didnt know what it felt like.
    I finally got her to go in to the hospital, and he was SO close to having a VBAC and she didnt even know it- her water broke and everything, she had NO clue, they had to rush her stirght to the OR it was crazy!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 6:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Ok I called and he said if they get 10 min or less to come right over. Also he said if I keep irregularlu contracting through the night painful or not that they will prolly do the c section tmrw. :) thanks everyone!
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011