Is having a tilted uterus bad ?

I was just wondering cus today i went back to the hospital for a follow up and a different OB/GYN saw me and she mention to me that my uterus is a bit tilted im guessing its from my previous pregnancy .is that bad or harmful to the baby ? .thanks.

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No it is not bad for the baby, but supposedly it is a bit harder to get pregnant, I had it with my first.

Answer by older at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have a tilted uterus and have had 3 kids and no miscarriages. Im sure all cases are not the same... but just giving you hope.

the only issue i have is that certain sexual positions hurt.

Anonymous

• ya I was told I had one at my last smear, my doctor said it was fine and just some people get.. I wudnt worry.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 4:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• i have one and had two kids no miscarrages and to problems. i dont think its really something to orry about unless it gives you problems.
    Anonymous

• http://americanpregnancy.org/womenshealth/tippeduterus.html

This has somegood information on tipped uterus.  I had one when I was younger and I beleive it caused me to not get pregnant while with my ex (didn't really want to, but didn't use prevention either).  When I went for prenatal counseling after deciding to get pregnant with DH I mentioned it since I knew it could cause fertility issues.  Well the midwife said it wasn't anymore.  That would explain why my horrendous menstrual cramps had subsided a few years previous.  It is not a bad thing necassarily, but it can make it hard to get pregnant and/or carry to term.

aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• dr say i have one and iv had 2 kids and one more on the way and have never had issues getting pregnant and have never had bad menstral cramps or bleeding. some times a certain sexual postion does hurt though. I wouldnt worry about it.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have on too and have had two kids with no problems and currently expecting my third, I lost one a while back but that was an unrelated issue it had nothing to do with that.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Most people are right-handed, and some people are left-handed. Most women have an upright uterus, and some women have one that tips back (or to the left or to the right).

Mine tipped back before my pregnancy, but now the midwife says it's upright. I'm not sure where it's going to be after the baby's born, but I'm not worried...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:53 AM on Jan. 17, 2011