How do I handle this? What should I tell them? adult content

I am a soon to be teen mom, and many people I know are sayin Oh I want to see your baby!! , and I am going to allow my close friends too, but people who I havent talked to in years and people I barely even talked to are asking me this and I don't ant everyone coming to see her when she is born or after because I do not want all the germs coming in and out and because These people arent exactly great around babies. How can I nicely tell them I do not think this is a good idea without seeming like a B***h?

KinsleysMommy15

Asked by KinsleysMommy15 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have your mom do it.

I was an adult when I had my baby but my mom came out when I had her and she ran interference when the doorbell rang and I wasnt in the mood to have people in.
    Anonymous

• I agree, have someone else be the go-between, and say you are resting, or you are catching up on sleep after labor, etc and you'll be ready for visitors (whenever you decide). Everyone will understand, unless it is your teen age girlfriends, they might not, but they will some day!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 4:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• my hubby is hispanic and so we had a rule with both kids that for the first month we didnt take the kids out if the house and if they came to our house then they HAD to call us first and then we would say if it was ok. but i was also healing from csections. but if u have people who u dont trust then dont allow them near ur baby. its ur child and u set the rules on it
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 4:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You could tell them that you need some space and time to get to know your baby. You will let them know when and if it is a good time for them to see you and the baby. Also tell them you need time to rest......you will really need it after just giving birth. You are already a resposible mommy for not wanting all those germs around the baby. Congratulations on the baby...i am excited for you.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Why don't you just tell them to wash there hands? or just say youre busy having bonding time with your new baby. Congrats btw! but I waited until i was settled at home and confident with my new baby before i let anyone see her.
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• just tell them that you really dont want alot of people around for a while because of the germs and you will still be recooping from labor. its got nothing to do with being a bitch. i was so glad that i didnt have a whole lot of family when my kids were born cuz all i wanted was my hubby around. i was tired and wanted to bond with my baby not try and entertain a bunch of people.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• + If youre not comfortable with the ppl around your baby id let them know or even your mom that you arent ready for that yet.
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Just say we are using the first months to bond. When she is ready for visitors you will contact them. If you need to put it as a FB status or change your voicemail to say it.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Good for you already thinking of the health of your new baby. I had a baby in April and I was really worried about the Flu germs that were going around. Everyone that came to our house had to first wash their hands and then use sanitiser. Old friends that called and asked when they could come and see the baby were nicely told that i would call them when we got settled in. Some of them I just never called back. Good luck
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Don't tell everyone you've had baby. In the hospital, ask the nurses to keep your door shut with a sign on it saying visitors need to check at the nurse's station before visiting - that way the nurses can turn people away (usually you can give them a list of names of people who may visit). At home - don't aswer the door, or if you live with your mom/parents have them/her help, like the others said. Phone calls first, etc.
    Anonymous