Would you take your kid to work with you when he/she is sick?!(if you had another option)

My SIL brought her son to work today with a double ear infection. He got antibiotics yest but it hadnt been a full 24hours yet. We work for family at their rest so thats why we can bring our kids to work. IF we have to. Her ds father was off today and she brought him in anyway, feeling like crap, because she said he gets bored with him. Really? Hes 5 and sick! He should be resting. I brought dd to the rest for a bday party and he was there. Right in front of the cake coughing all over it! It wasnt a party really just cake. So why did he need to be there?? I just am really ticked that she drug him to work and exposed him to others. Do you know ppl like this? And if it was my dd shed be talkin shit!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hubby works in an office where women will bring their sick kids to work way too often. I don't understand the mentality behind it, almost all of them have the option to work from home or could come in later in the day when their husbands are home (and yes, there are husbands). It seems very selfish to me to take a sick kid to work, the child should be at home and the rest of the office should not be exposed to the germs.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• At my company for insurance reasons kids are not allowed in the building. im with you, I cant imagine how miserable that child would be if he was sick and was dragged out of his bed to a cold work enviornment. I know I would hate it.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• beyond I cant belive that a child isnt permited in a building wow now i would not have a sick kid in my office but the whole BUILDING!
    likecajunmomma

Answer by likecajunmomma at 5:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would have called in sick and not went in.

Answer by gemgem at 5:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I agree gemgem and im surprised she didnt! she def couldve. Shes teh boss daughter for gosh sakes!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Luckily, I work from home, so I'm set. I do a delivery 1x a day and usually the sick child can come with me (they are old enough to sit in the car for the 2 minutes it takes me to go in and out.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The best thing to do is share your feelings with her. Ask her why. There are always two sides and there is the truth.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 6:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011