How can I decide?

I guess I don't have to decide yet. We have decided to wait until our youngest is a year to make the real decision, but my husband just told me he wants another baby. We have three girls 4, 2, and 8 months. We had a pregnancy scare recently, and I was really 50- 50, truly undecided. Our oldest is mildly autistic, and I'm not getting any younger- 38 in the spring. How do I know for sure that I'm done? I love the idea of my kids having lots of sibs, but I would like to sleep again someday!

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 5:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Only you ad your husband know that.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You have to know that very, very, very few people every lose that baby fever. That you may always miss the experience of being pregnant and/or having the infant in the home. However, I think you'll know you're done when you either 1. Feel that your family is complete or 2. realize that what you have is all you can handle. Either way I think it generally hits you that you know that even though pregnancy and/or the infant stages are great, you have enough.

I'm pregnant with my third and I am aching for him to be born. Not only because I want my body back (I'm 36 weeks), but because I really love that first month of infancy. Then it gets old and I can't wait for them to start interacting. Ha! Either way, I know I'll always get that baby fever, but I'm happy that we're only having three. It's all we need, all we want, and really a great way to complete our family.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Well, my baby is a year and I still can't decide. Anyone have any thoughts?!
    Hazelnutkin

Comment by Hazelnutkin (original poster) at 4:43 PM on May. 31, 2011