Do you agree with John McCain?

But as the former GOP standard-bearer, McCain also spoke out against those who have sought to paint Obama's views as inimical to American ideals.

"I disagree with many of the president's policies, but I believe he is a patriot sincerely intent on using his time in office to advance our country's cause," McCain said. "I reject accusations that his policies and beliefs make him unworthy to lead America or opposed to its founding ideals. And I reject accusations that Americans who vigorously oppose his policies are less intelligent, compassionate or just than those who support them."

"Our political discourse should be more civil than it currently is, and we all, myself included, bear some responsibility for it not being so," McCain said.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/01/16/mccain-calls-obama-a-patriot-rejects-critics-who-say-hes-un/

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 5:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree.

Answer by older at 5:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• In this instance I do agree with McCain
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Ok, who had 5:45? Every body pay up!!!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• McCain's sentiments were echoed on CBS' "Face the Nation" by former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York: "In the first moments after this, there was a rush to judgment on both sides, you know, left-wingers trying to blame it on right-wing tea party, Sarah Palin; right-wingers trying to fight back and defend themselves against what was really an outrageous charge. ... And I thought the president's speech put it on a different tone. And I think we have a chance, even though a couple of days later; I think we have a chance to do the same thing that we did after September 11."

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• What is that suposed to mean lovin?

sweet-a-kins

• I keep hearing the media talk about it, but I don't see it. Just because a whole new group of people decided to get loud doesn't mean that the discourse is any different, IMO. While I can agree with some of what he said, I don't agree with all of it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• DH and I were joking about how long it would take a dem to post this...We have a bet going...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have yet to hear anyone who has said ANYTHING to the contrary all week. Except, of course, those who insisted that their side bore none of the responsibility and the other side bore it all...I wonder, as they sit here saying see, we told you so, we agree, if they took the "we all" to mean "we all who are conservative".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

•  

DH and I were joking about how long it would take a dem to post this...We have a bet going...

Yes, a republican taking responsability for some of his own actions, telling the TRUTH about the President and not LYING and using HATEFUL LIES like he's a socialist, secret Muslim trying to destroy America.....it bears talking about....and Giuliani backing it up....it means something....

and to be honest the conversation that needs to happen is WHY the need to LIE and not speak up for SO LONG? So paint the man as damn near EVIL.....intent on destroying America and not just saying we disagree on his WAYS of making America better??

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

•  

I have yet to hear anyone who has said ANYTHING to the contrary all week. Except, of course, those who insisted that their side bore none of the responsibility and the other side bore it all...I wonder, as they sit here saying see, we told you so, we agree, if they took the "we all" to mean "we all who are conservative".

I don't think he meant that, in fact I posted Rudy's comments as well that point to BOTH sides...

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011