woman preachers

Yay or nay? And why?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 8:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why would it matter what sex they are?? They are people to teach you the word of God!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 8:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i go to a church where there is a woman preacher and there is many people who wont step foot into our church. Because she is a woman. I just wanted to see why people feel this way.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think that it is wonderful and I enjoy hearing from the female perspective. The chaplain I worked with was a female and she brought talents and strengths that were very woman oriented. Patients really felt at ease and comfortable with her. My minister is a female and our whole church loves her. Both sexes have something to offer.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• The Bible does not say that women should not preach. It only says that they should not be in positions of authority over men. We are all preachers of the Gospel, either by the words we speak or the way we live our lives. Are you talking about the office of pastor? That's different from preaching.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• She is our pastor.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i have really enjoyed some female preachers, especially when they preach in bible studies about marital relationships. somehow they always differ from what a male pastor would preach, not necessarily the content but the intentions and ideas behind them. like that whole submissive wife thing, female pastors have a whole different idea about how to give that message.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:19 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i dont believe they should preach it is ok to teach but i dont think you should pick what verse to follow and which ones not to , it is clearly stated in the bible what you need to be to be a preacher , you must not drink you must be a man with only one wife same as elders and decons this is Gods words , now i dont judge anyone for what they do that is between them and God but i will not attend a church with a woman preacher , and as for jumpinghoops coment it comes from some woman better i think it is more that as woman we hear it different , just like the horrible n word if a white person use it , is the worst thing ever but i black person can call another black it and no big deal , so if i woman does preach she should just do it to woman
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• cont....... just like the woman who get upset about the wives being submitting to her husband , there is no bad in that one do you know that if you mess up and sin it is not just you who has to answer for it but your husband too , think about that everything you do wrong your husband is guilty of , i know for one i have trouble enough keeping myself on the right path i am glad i dont have to answer for him , and also it tell the man to love their wife like he would Christ , so if he is not treating you like the best thing since slice bread than he is not doing right
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yes for both being preachers and pastors.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I was raised southern baptist so I would have to say hmmm nay ~ it was always preached against ~ I've asked but never got an intelligent answer

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008