Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Okay moms of school kids, I need your advice! adult content

My 9 year old niece is being called gay in school, and the principal won't do a thing about it. The girl who continue harassing her took this to a whole new level. She walked up to my niece and grabbed her inappropriately and told her she was gay too. My niece came home upset and told her mom. What should we do? Should we go as far as the police?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (20)
  • Yes got to police however it won't hurt to first notify the lazy principle that you are doing so! GL

    Answer by harris4 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • Whoa, the school won't do anything about it?? I would go to the school district and possibly the police. No child should be harassed in school. It's supposed to be a safe, neutral environment.

    Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • What does the principal say? Go to the school board? If that does not get results the press needs to be contacted. Send emails to all members of the board of education. Be factual and not emotional.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 6:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • I wouldnt go to the police. I would go park my butt at the district office and ask for the superintendent. I would let them know you expect something done NOW. Tell them if you do not see action then you will go to the police and have them decide on charges and ask the police to include the principle in those charges. I would threaten media attention. That should get some action.

    *source been there done that

    Answer by gemgem at 6:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • We even spoke to the school resource officer, but nothing is happening.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • tootoobusy- I luv and agree so much with that statement- Be factual and not Emotional! Bravo, well said!

    Answer by harris4 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • AGREED: go to the police. if this child is touching in appropriately at school, they are probably doing it to other kids as well and theres a possibility this is going on at their home....can we say poor parenting? I would also suggest talking to the superintendent and the school board.

    Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 6:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • I agree superintendent.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • Yes, it's sexual harassment and if the principal won't do anything the next step would be to go to the police.


    Answer by scout_mom at 6:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

  • OUTHEARTSAWAIT...come on ...poor parenting...really? Maybe it is something that was done to her in school? Maybe she learned it from a neighborhood kid? Maybe we shouldn't judge the parents. I mean when your kids do something in appropriate do you want to be blamed!?!?

    Answer by harris4 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.