RCA/HDMI converter question...please please help?

So here is the deal on what I have and what I want to do: We have a large computer HD monitor that we use as a television- it uses HDMI cables.

We want to buy a Wii and it uses RCA cables. Because we have a monitor and not a real TV there is no RCA outputs.

I found this on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-RCA-VGA-Cableā€¦

and I realize the reviews are all bad....so what I am wondering is if they just didn't know what they were doing of is this cable really doesn't work. (so far we've been told there is no way to hook up a Wii to our "TV")

So is what we want to do doable with the cables in the link or can we not do it or do we need something else/something extra....

Any help would be appreciated. Please do not tell us to go out and buy a real TV because this set up works fine.

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 6:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Technology

• I wish I could answer about the converter. I really don't know much about it, other than it converts the connection. However, have you checked to see it you could run the wii through a DVD player or home theater? I am not familiar with your set up, but I know I have ran different games systems through ours when we had limited connections on the tv. It seems to me, that it should, in theory, work for the monitor as well. Sorry, just throwing that thought out there.
    midnight_storm

Answer by midnight_storm at 6:04 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• thanks midnight....might just end up taking a TV from my dad
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2011