Should I get my hopes up???

So just with speaking with the nurse at my doctors office, she says to act as though i am pregnant because she thinks I am due to the implantation bleeding I experienced earlier this week.... I have NEVER spotted in between periods... She said she thinks I am early in a pregnancy but I dont want to get my hopes up... Does anyone have any advice? I dont want to get my hopes up and I really really really want to have another child... My last period was December 20th, 4 weeks ago from tomorrow.... Any advice besides taking a test? I have taken one that came back negative, but the nurse said to wait until Tuesday morning, and even if it is negative, go have the blood work done to measure the hormones in my body...... Should I think that I am pregnant? I have a good feeling about all of this though :)

Saralanden

Asked by Saralanden at 6:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• sweetie I say never stop hoping. If you are that close to the 4 weeks mark, you will know soon enough. Hope is what I believe fuels any and all dreams and who is anyone to say "oh you shouldn't get your hopes up."?
    (holds up hope and big baby dustings for you.)
    always hope, and best of luck :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Do NOT expect to be. If your not pregnant, you will be crushed!

You can hope you are, but just keep in mind you might not be.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• good luck & baby dust :)
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• don't give up home, don't stress stay calm... i felt the same way but yes wait a week and try agian cause it may be to soon still.. i'll keep my fingers crossed. GL
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I would say take another at home pregnancy test. then try a blood test at the drs office. if it says your arent, I would do your annual exam and see how things pan out there if nothings changed in your life as far as stressors, eating habits, sleep patterns, etc.
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 6:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• definitely try not to stress (so hard to do!), but do not give up on the negative tests! It might just be too early! Sending baby dust your way! Good luck!
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 7:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011