first ultrasound tomorrow

I'm really excited and I can't wait, but I'm so nervous. Is it wrong of me to feel nervous, or is it natural to feel this way? I don't know why I feel like this. I just keep thinking what if something is wrong.

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• So normal. I would always hold my breath and feel my heart racing, just waiting for them to find a heartbeat. Once I could feel my babies moving, I didn't worry as much. Good luck!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Congrats that is so exciting... everything will be just fine.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think we all are nervous when the first ultrasound is upon us. I know I for my first 'real' ultrasound. I had IUI so I had several vaginal ultrasounds prior. But the first that I could actually 'see' my baby was nerve racking.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 6:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• It's very normal, I was a mess when I went to my first ultrasound - my husband passed out lol he was standing there holding my hand and then I felt him pull away and he just fell back, the tech went over to him and when he woke up she laughed and said "I told you it wasn't twins"
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 6:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Nervous about having the ultrasound exposure or nervous about fetal health?
    If you are worried about the baby the ultrasound might help reassure.
    If you are worried about the ultrasound exposure then know you can decline and avoid it, it's optional, of course.
    Many women prefer to avoid them altogether.
    Weighing risks means having faith and taking everything in when we make choices.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think it's all very normal for all expectant mothers to feel nervous! this is my 3rd baby and I was nervous before my ultrasound! But good luck and I hope everything goes okay?
    livylou27

Answer by livylou27 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• nervous is normal, best to you and your little one
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 8:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011