Best time for birthday party

I am having my daughters first birthday at Chuck E Cheese (easy & simple!)
I figured I would have it at 5 until 8.
5 because it's after there nap time (her and her big sister) and that's dinner time, so I could buy pizza for the kids, and by the time they leave they would be worn out and want to go to bed LOL!

yay or nay? My oldest, I had her party around 2 which was a mistake, it was during the middle of the day, she was tired and cranky, but that was also in July, so hot outside lol

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 3 hours? Is it just you guys or alot of people? I always use the rule of party thumb (2 hours lol). Otherwise yea I mean whatever works for you. If thats better for your kids they are what matters. Its your childs bday.

Answer by gemgem at 6:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• your time frame sounds good ;)
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 6:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I think a 3 hour party for a 1yo is about four times how long they can deal with people, an event, or that kind of noise and activity.

When discussing people's attention spans, and what is 'fun', 90 minutes is the outside edge of attention duration even for adults concentrating on things they enjoy, for little kids, 45 minutes is more than enough.

5 kids who've all been overwhelmed, overstimulated and over-fed after 90 minutes will leave in tears --wanting to have left ages ago and held out, or not wanting to go anymore because anything different from what they've already been overstimulated by is just more to deal with. After 45 minutes, they'll have explored as much as they can stand, eaten as much as they need and be ready for a change.

I always like to leave something for next time --next year, whatever... when people go home when they're still happy and enjoying themselves, they leave wanting more. Not less.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My daughter is easily entertained =) She doesn't get crabby easily, and will play for hours on end, she LOVES to be around people. So 3 hours is okay, I just wasn't sure if starting the party at 5 would be right (it's on a saturday btw)
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• And it's a lot of people! Maybe i'll do 5 to 7 lol...sounds better! THANKS LADIES!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2011