Has anyone read the book of esther?

I have a couple questions that I am having a hard time answering on my bible study..

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 8:43 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have read the book of Esther many times.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• what is the purpose of fasting?
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• In the Bible they used fasting as way to focus more on God, usually before an important decision they had to make. Also a way to get closer to God and gain spiritual growth.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i was taught to fast to draw near to God and while in deep prayer.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• The purpose of fasting is to deepen your relationship with God. It's a commitment to pray, meditate and praise ~ without any other distractions (including food). It's a time for you to focus solely on God and allow him to speak to you. It's a time to bath yourself in prayer.

Fasting is usually done before a huge decision or in order to intercede for others. It's taking you out of your comfort zone and allowing God to sustain you. Sometimes the whole Jewish nation would fast but most often it was (and still is) an individual thing. It's something to be boastful about to just relish God quietly. It can be for a day, several days or just one meal, but the purpose is to take the time you would normally do mundane things and substitute prayer in their place. It's a powerful thing.

lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 11:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I love Esther. God is so Mighty in the way He prepared her for the time into which she was born. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have....
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 2:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008