Did you wait until your daughter could tell you she wanted her ears pierced or did you just do it when she was a baby?

genagina

Asked by genagina at 7:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• We waited until our kids were old enough to care for their ears after getting them pierced - I don't believe in doing any kind of body modification to someone else without them asking for it and being old enough to be responsible for that choice.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Mine just turned 5 and she's been pretty persistant for the last month or so about wanting it done....so we're going to do it. (Yikes!! she's a huge drama queen by the way haha). I'm one of those mom's who wanted to wait till it was their decision. Not that I have a problem with other mom's who have their daughter's ears done when their infants, I think it's just a personal choice =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I waited until she could tell me

Answer by admckenzie at 7:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I plan to wait till she asks me. no younger than 8yrs old...maybe 12
    Anonymous

• I have 3 daughters. The oldest is 11 and we went and took her to get her ears pierced on her 10th birthday. The other two are under 2 years old but we will do the same for them. On their 10th birthdays, if they want them, they can get them.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I'm waiting on her to ask. It's not my body so it's not my choice.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My daughter is 2, I am waiting until she wants it.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I was extremely blessed with three boys... but if I had a daughter I would do the ear piercing as soon as possible, real stuff not fake (allergies run on both sides)... and aviod the whole torture I went through getting mine done later in life??? It was pure hell, and my first holes were infected!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My husband and I, along with our child's birth mother, decided to have her ears pierced during a birth mother visit. It was a sort of bonding moment. Emma and her birth mom had their ears pierced with the same type of earrings. Emma was 14 months old.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 7:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I waited until after our first had her 2 intramuscular shots before letting her get them pierced so she'd know what she was asking for.

That child now has a belly button ring, an eyebrow ring and a tongue ring as well as 4 more ear holes... all done since she turned 18.

Our second didn't think of it, or want them, until she was 3. She has a nose ring, a lip ring and a belly button ring... all since she turned 18.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011