Has anyone seen the movie Black Swan?

I can't tell much about what it's about from the previews and my older daughter wants to see it. I'm wondering what you thought of it and what it's about.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 7:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Entertainment

• My sis did. She said it was a little creepy. But I love Natalie Portman. I want to see it.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I did, It was weird. I love Natalie Portman too but that movie was just weird.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 7:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• How old is the daughter? It's a really dark, intense movie, and there are several sexual scenes that are pretty explicit. I loved the movie, but it definitely earned the R rating.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Its rated R and its like shutter island you have to REALLY think in the movie. Personally, I thought it was beyond weird. I love NP but not her best movie .
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• no i heard itis good
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• no
    shesmokesalot

Answer by shesmokesalot at 9:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Good movie but NOT for kids!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I haven't seen it...what is it about? I just heard that Natalie won a Golden Globe tonight for it.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 11:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I saw it. I think it was very well done (writing, acting) but it is a very intense psychological thriller. And yes, there are a couple of scenes that were rather sexually explicit. If you like movies that put you in the head of a crazy character, you will like this.

What it's about:
    It's about a ballet dancer, who lives with her single parent mom (a former ballet dancer). She gets a staring role in her company's new production of Swan Lake; but can't really handle the pressure of her mom's over-protection, her company director's expectations, her fellow-dancers' jealousy, and her own insecurity. A lot of creepy stuff happens, that you (the audience) experience through her crazy perspective. Sometimes it's not clear if something is really happening, or if she is just imagining it.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I'm dying to see it and so is my daughter. I love Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. Natalie won a Golden Globe for her performance. I've heard it's awesome.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 3:10 AM on Jan. 17, 2011