Has anyone forgave their husband for an affair and stayed together?

Lets try to keep it positive please. There's a child involved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• There are times when I can see how a man could find it very easy to cheat...but I also hate to hear that a man would say it is the wife's fault he cheated. You know your situation best. One of my friend's wife hasn't had sex with him for 4+ years. He finally cheated...it wasn't her fault he made that choice, but her decision sure set the stage! You'll know what feels right in your situation. There is nothing wrong at all with forgiveness and moving on. Like the other moms here have said, "for worse" is part of vows. And for good reason.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 7:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes, it was several years ago and we worked through it and our marriage is so worth it. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Well he didnt cheat on me, i cheated on him, we have a son and he looked past it and is still with me today.
    mommaclow

Answer by mommaclow at 7:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes. 12 years ago. I stayed for the kids and told him it was the ONLY reason I was staying. But I was not staying unless he did a lot of changing and we worked on the marriage....It took time and a lot of hard work, but our marriage is better now than it was then. So, it can be done...
    Anonymous

• he cheated siad sorry
    i forgave
    we went on with life
    he cheated again
    this time it was with a number of women
    i left
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I forgave the affair. We had three children. I couldn't let the abuse go so I finally left

Answer by admckenzie at 7:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My eldest son's father cheated on me, and I was smart enough to know than that... ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER! I am worth more than sharing a guy that in all likelyhood is not worth sharing to begin with... I am worth more than the continual heartache when he does it again... I am worth more than to allow another human being treating me like that...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Everyone involved in a marriage with an extra-marital affair is involved in the problem...

Yes, lots of people have dark pasts in their very happy marriages. It's the 'for worse' part of the 'for better or worse' vow. Not a lot of people trust that, believe in it or are willing to actually live it --even after solemnly vowing to do so in front of all their family and friends.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• He cheated because I didn't treat him right. He had a reason he just didn't cheat for fun. I can't let my pride get in the way of my good judgement. I went through divorce as a child and I still till this day wish my parents could have stayed together. It s not about being better it's about fighting for what's yours.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I forgave my ex for cheating once. Until I found out this was not a mistake but a personality trait. People can screw up, but the only way to make it work is for both people to give 110% effort to fixing things. But if both aren't willing to make that kind of effort, it won't work. No, things will never be the same, but the way things become can be good, sometimes even better.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011