When did your tot start to speak clear?

my son is 2 has his tounge fixed from tounge tide when he was 18 months ( the worse day of my life) he talks mostly gibberish sometime put 3 words together and can say what he really wants somewhat clear.. but when will he be able to say things to the point i can really understand.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 7:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My eldest and middle son started out talking, clearly, using big words early on.. however my youngest is going on 4 and we're having a speech therapist HELP
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My dd is 25 months and will say 3-4 words in a row clearly also. But if she has a lot to say sometimes she just uses gibberish too.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• she speaks somewhat clear now but i guess its clear to us because i am use to it. i know it will get clearer s she gets older. there are some words that she just mumbles but we know what it is. other then that she is only 22months.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My DD started at 17-18months saying words that I could understand clearly. Now at 21 months she says a few words all together but when you get her fired up its just a bunch of gibberish.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2011