My Christmas plant is dying...

I forgot what it is called. It has big red leaves and usually is available at Christmas time. I want to keep it, but its getting thinner and thinner. I don't know if its because of the change of weather - going from below zero to being 48 degrees. Is there anything I can do to save it. It was given in memory of my sister's death by a couple who I know didn't really have the money to buy it. Plz help?

gardening

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 7:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Leaves and bracts drop off all deciduous plants, dear. If it's a poinsettia, it's supposed to lose all its leaves, live dormant for a period of time, then come back --like oak trees. You should look up how to care for it while it's dormant, if you want it to still be alive next fall.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2011