Anything I can take to keep from throwing up?

I know I need to see the Dr. but meanwhile, its the weekend. I keep throwing up. Once I do, I feel better. Don't know why its happening? Can't hardly eat anything except Oatmeal. Any ideas what I can eat or take to feel better?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 7:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Health

• damamine, maybe?
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Try crackers and take some hot tea.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Well, I do love to state the obvious: oatmeal is obviously working...

It depends on why you're barfing. Barfing is a life-saving ability that rats and seagulls do not have. We can rid ourselves of toxins and germs that would kill us if we couldn't. Sometimes barfing is necessary and healthful. Staying hydrated is vital... but stopping the puking is probably not a good idea.

The original pop syrups were designed as anti-emetics (things that stop you throwing up) so flat pop of almost any kind will work, but so will simple syrup (equal amounts of water and sugar boiled until the sugar dissolves) flavoured with anything you like: fennel will settle your stomach and so will ginger. Honey is nice for tummies. A pinch of salt added will help, too.

The BRAT diet helps, too: bananas, rice, apples, toast all settle stomachs.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Toast almost always settles my stomach. Hope you feel better.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• The last time I was sick the Dr. said not to drink water, to try something else clear like sprite or 7 up or pedialyte. GL
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My doc. gave me motion sickness pills when I went in because I couldn't keep anything down when I was pg. So I would say dramamine as well! I get the store brand stuff where I live and it seems to work better for me then the name brand! Hopefully you find something that helps!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• zofran is my miracle pill they make it dissolving so even if you throw up after taking it it will sttill be in your sytem is there a chance your pregnant and i fyou are zofran is safe it helped me greatly when i was pregnant talk to your dr about it
    lillymom828

Answer by lillymom828 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Emertol you can buy over the counter. Its totally safe to use and it works.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't eat solids, just liquids until your stomach calms down. I took some medicine without food and it was meant to take with food. I started throwing up and couldn't stop until the ER gave me a shot to stop it. Maybe your's is just a virus or stomach flu

Answer by admckenzie at 9:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I second the Emetrol suggestion! You can find it in the children's medicine section at the grocery store. Also ginger ale or any other clear soda, and saltine crackers work for me.

I hope you feel better soon!
    ellemenope

Answer by ellemenope at 9:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011