Anyone whose husband had an affair, did you meet the other woman or confront her?

I have no idea who this person is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• To my knowledge, my husband hasn't had an affair, so I haven't dealt with it. In my younger years (20s) I would have found her and confronted her. In my 30s, there WAS a woman who was coming on strong to my husband, several times. One time I picked up the phone to call her, instead called my friend to stop me. I had plans that if I found out about an affair, I would show up at a meeting the two were in and ask the board about policies regarding church board members cheating on their spouses...LOL. Thankfully it never happened.

Now that I'm older (40) I see things differently and it would depend on the situation. My brain says to let it go. Who it is would serve no purpose. But my personality tells me...go kick her butt first, then his!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 7:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My huband was emailing a woman, I dont know who she is but I wrote her an email. She never did email me back...
    jenlou9686

Answer by jenlou9686 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I knew who she was, but I never had to confront her, she looks like a dog who has been beaten every time I see her in public - and it happened 15 years ago. Her life has been horrible, several failed marriages, one husband who was in prison, been cheated on several times, etc while our marriage is now very strong and happy. I figure she's been punished enough, I don't need to say anything to her.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't confront the "other woman". He's the one who is suppose to be committed to you. He's the one who made the decision to cheat on you.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My first husband cheated, several times. He worked away about 4 days a week. So it was easy for him. I started to suspect something was up over time. He didn't answer his phone one night. And often saw him txting when i wasn't in the room. So I checked the phone bill. And there were a few numbers over a period of 2 months. I called all 3 of them. Only got ahold of 2 of them. I spoke with both of them. One was a stripper. The other he met at a bar.....she he had "relations" with. He of course didn't have his ring on. Needless to say that ended shortly after that. But I was a crazed lunatic during it all. It was like an obsession that wasn't healthy.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• it's been tried,giving them a reminder that girls that chase married men don't pick china patterens they better learn to stick with chinette is not out of line.
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 7:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• when husband from years ago cheated with a few
    i did speak to one, she did not know about me
    we exchanged interesting info
    she was nice

she did not see him again and i left...so there is that\
    he lied and cheated on me, and lied to her, also was sleeping with another one, and i told this woman, so in a sense he cheated on the other woman too..call you say serial cheater
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• She called me to tell me she had a baby by him. I told her she could stand in line for money bc he had three with me! Then I got really pissed and told her to give me her address. I went over and got her and the baby and we headed to his work. The look on his face was priceless! Someone murdered her in a robbery gone bad at her work later so it never made it to court for any legal stuff like child support or paternity testing.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• first husband, yes. did i meet her no. did i confront her when i found out who she was, no. wish i had...yes. OMG yes. i wish i would have layed into her like i did my ex. She did not destroy my marriage, he did. But she KNEW he was married and still chased after him. He was just a scum, but she was also a moral-less slut.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 8:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I've been on both sides of the fence, at least that's how people looked at it.
    my ex and I decided to give each other space and see others.

so when I would see him, people pegged me as the 'other woman' because of the fact he was seeing this other girl.

if he's seeing someone else, then god only knows what her version of the story is.
    your husband could be telling her that you're dead, a drunk, he could have told her he was single.
    then of course there's the ever popular
    'my sister (you) lives with me along with her kids. '

if you choose to speak to her, for everyone's sake please remember that she's a person with feelings too, most likely not a monster out to destroy your life. it would be to your benefit to not loose your head.

good luck with it all, and if he's cheating then I hope it all stops one way or another!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 17, 2011